Monday, November 07, 2011

Lag Time

Uh oh.  I'm beginning to lag in when I write my daily posts.  At the start of the month, I had 2 done in advance for the first two days.  Then I had one in advance.  Then I did the posts in the morning.  Now I'm doing the post in the evening.  We'll see if I can stop the lag and meet the goal of blogging daily in November.  I'm really not quite sure why I am doing this.  I'm not terribly concerned with becoming a better writer.  I'm not that concerned that people are reading my writing.  I just like to ramble on and write stuff and I like to be part of a bunch of people who have committed to writing daily.  Eee Gads.  I am succumbing to peer pressure at my age?  Whatever, I'm enjoying myself and that's good.

Just finished a one hour workout.  All last week I did not make it to the gym so I wanted to start this week off on the right foot and get in a workout.  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 30 minutes on the treadmill.  It was quite uncrowded at the gym on Monday at 4:30 p.m.  I didn't think I would get to exercise on my favorite elliptical machine.  My favorite machine is in front of the TV with the sports on it and it is well lubricated and does not make lots of squeaky noises as I pump up and down on the pedals.  I burned 330 calories on the elliptical machine and 250 calories on the treadmill for a grand total of 580 calories.  That's a decent workout!

Now its time for dinner.   I have some pork which I'll probably microwave.  And some asparagus to microwave too.  I'm a lazy cook.  Whatever is quickest, least effort, and uses the least dishes is usually how I roll .  I sacrifice taste for ease of cooking.  Maybe when I get my new range, I'll be more motivated to really cook something.  I bought the range 9 days ago but it has not been delivered yet.  I'm hoping it arrives this week.  I have a call into the appliance store asking about the latest status of it.

After dinner I'll settle down to Monday night TV.  I suspect I'll be bouncing back and forth between the Sing Off and Dances with the Stars.  Its going to be a light night of TV watching.  I have my DVR set to record both shows.   I start watching one show till the first set of commercials.  Then I watch the other show (via DVR) till the first set of commercials, when I return to the other show till commercials appear, etc. etc.  Two weeks in a row now I have been able to watch both shows in a little more than 2 hours and see no commercials!   Its a kick!

No comments: