Monday, November 21, 2005

184 lbs
Eee Gad ... 5 pounds gained in one weekend! :-( :-( :-(

Possible explanations:
  • I ate a lot this past weekend -- more than four mile hikes on Saturday and Sunday could burn.
  • The time of the month has me gaining water weight -- seems a bit early though at 10 days till my period and 5 pounds seems a bit excessive for a little water weight gain.
  • The weight machine was recalibrated over the weekend -- my favorite explanation but I doubt its true.
  • I weighed myself after lunch in the afternoon rather than in the morning before lunch -- but I don't think that could account for 5 pounds.

Needless to say ... I'm quite disappointed in this weight gain. Now I weigh more than when I started to try and lose weight ... Grrrrr. I'm exercising regularly. I just have to stop eating so much calorie filled junk food.

1 comment:

wen said...

actually, weighing yourself at different times of the day (especially before a meal vs. after) can really skew the results. they say to weigh yourself in the morning when you get up for your "true" weight. between that and water weight, you could have 5 lbs.

and i wouldn't worry--the pounds will come off!